Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Pull me back...

I saw my whole life as if I had already lived it. An endless parade of parties and cotillions, yachts and polo matches. Always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter. I felt like I was standing at a great precipice, with no one to pull me back, no one who cared... or even noticed. -Rose, "Titanic"

I feel depressed. There I said it. I'm depressed. I have no idea why, but I just feel so overwhelmingly lonely right now. Even when surrounded by people, I feel like I'm all alone. I feel like I have no voice, and like Rose, I feel like there is "no one who care(s)... or even notice(s)."

Lord, why am I feeling this? My logical mind knows that You are with me, yet I feel like I'm on my own right now. I hate it. Please help me. I know the enemy is on the attack because I want to live for You. Stay his hand and protect me, Lord.

I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings... Psalms 17:6-8

No comments: