Thursday, September 24, 2009

Update: Family who?

Sandy posted a message on Facebook today:

I'm so mad! Why does my REAL Family suck so bad... they make me so sad... Its hard for me to believe that I'm related to them sometimes...


Poor thing! My heart hurts for her. She tries and tries to get even an ounce of love and support out of these people and they always let her down. It's not cool. I commented:

:( That's rough. I know it's not the same, but you have so many people around you who love you to death and do want to be there for you...


I know it's really NOT the same. We are supposed to be born into families where we are protected and nutured, but unfortunately that doesn't happen for everyone. We live in a fallen world where some are selfish and abusive, even towards their own children or family members. I thank God everyday that I am part of a family that may not be perfect, but is loving and communicates. I am so blessed. I thank God that we are able to show Sandy even a glimpse of that, but most of all that through us, God is able to shine His light of love upon her.


In other news....

Her soon-to-be sister-in-law is getting on my nerves. That girl always feels the need to out-do us. I don't know if it's insecurity or envy that we get to be a direct part of Sandy's, Baby K's, and Juan's lives while she only gets to observe from a distance (as in across the country), or what....??? She posted up something after me about how the BECERRA (Juan's) family loves her and will always be there for her (or something like that).

Um, hun, didn't I say that Sandy is surrounded by people who care about her? It's not like I was saying WE or the MORALES FAMILY are the only ones that care about her. I think I covered everyone. Ugh! I know I'm probably sounding petty myself, but I just want to tell her, "Get over it already! Stop trying to make it a competition about who loves Sandy, Juan, and Baby K more."

I, myself, am sick of Sandy being stuck in the middle, so I can imagine how much worse it is for Sandy....

No comments: