Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boredom and Being Creative

This has been the slowest week ever! It started out with me not feeling well and even going home early on Monday (I only worked 3 hours). Then for some reason, my sickness gave me very little patience and it was everything for me not to be rude yesterday. I had to drop by church to pick up the materials for upcoming Women's Bible Study (yay Bible Study), but was not able to stay for Moments with the Master because, again, not feeling well and not in the best mood. Now, I feel better, but boy am I bored.


This morning was good. I covered the other secretary's desk and managed to not do anything stupid (Thank you, Jesus!). Now that she's in, however, I find myself with nothing to do. I hope this doesn't become a regular occurance...


Anyway, I've been getting very creative lately with my custom invites and stuff, but this last weekend my dad and I did something really cool. We made a wood standup cutout (don't really know the techinical term) for Kaylin's Country Fair birthday party. Check it out (pre-face holes):


I have to say I'm pretty proud of this. I think we did a very good job. I came up with the concept and free-handed most of it with a pencil (my dad helped with the guy--I'm not good with the human form--and the whip and boots). We both painted it. It was so much fun and I was totally excited about how good it came out. Thankfully, so was Sandy. I can't wait to see all the little kids (and big kids) taking pictures with it. It's gonna be cute and I'm sure a little funny.

Well, now I have the creative bug big time and I'm wishing the weekend was here so I could get to work on more crafty stuff for the party. Maybe that's why the week feels like it's dragging on... I got things to do this weekend!

Come on, weekend! Hurry up and get here....

No comments: