Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Sanity in Singleness

Suzanne Hadley, a writer on Boundless, reminds me a lot of myself. We have had almost the same struggles when it comes to love and finding a husband. She is now engaged and I love to read her article because they 1) encourage me and remind me that God will bring me my husband eventually, and 2) because they help me to get a glimpse into my future, when that husband does come.

In her article today, she wrote something that really spoke to my heart:

My choice (sometimes daily and painful) to trust the Lord despite undesirable circumstances paid off, not only in a wonderful, godly man coming into my life, but in a heart not bitter toward a loving and generous God. I had to come to grips with the fact that God does not stamp out our lives with a cookie cutter. He has a personal, intricate plan for each of His children.


It reminded me that God is so good. If it wasn't for His love, I would be that person with a heart that is bitter towards Him. It is thanks to all the waiting that He has made me endure that I've been able to draw closer to Him and understand that He is NOT being spiteful towards me, but has a perfect plan for how He is going to bring me the one he made just for me. That is so awesome! I know that it will be worth the wait because He will make sure that man comes not too early and not too late, but just when the time is perfect and right.

Amen!

P.S. Another awesome thing I've noticed about myself since I've stopped worrying about when and why I was single and started focusing on the Lord: I'm happier and I'm not stressing about my weight and my looks, and I've noticed that as a result, I'm starting to receive more attention from the opposite sex. Now, it may not be the kind of attention I always want (lol), but it does show me that the more I let go and trust in Him, the more I am appealing to the world. Instead of thinking that I'm alone because I'm not pretty/thin enough, I now know that I'm alone because my attitude was not good enough and the only One who could have shown me that was God. So even more props to Him! =)

I can feel the winds a'changin. Something's going to happen soon, isn't it Lord? You're so good to me...

No comments: