Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Family who?

Sandy and I have been working our butts off trying to get Kaylin's birthday planned. My mom, Kim, and Katie are all donating AT LEAST $100 each to our efforts (my mom is putting in $200), plus we are all going to be running a booth or activity at the party. I alone have spent about $100 SO FAR and have put a lot of time into the planning.

I'm not saying that spending money on people or throwing awesome parties for them is the only way to show just how much you love them, but it sure does make a statement. I don't think anyone can deny how special Sandy and Baby K (yes, and Juan) are to us after this... lol

Now, I don't really ever expect Sandy's biological family to shell out all kinds of money or even Juan's family, but I would hope they would at least plan to show up. Sheesh. We are already finding out that Sandy's brother's are both bailing. That sucks! It hurts my feelings and they aren't even my brothers.

I guess blood is not always thicker than water. In this case, I'm glad I'm the water...

No comments: