Monday, September 21, 2009

A weekend of almost losing...

I was all excited this weekend. I bought a cute new dress for my friend Susy's wedding on Saturday and I was heading over on Friday to run errands with Sandy for Kaylin's birthday party. It was going to be a fun and full weekend, but then halfway through my day, I got the kind of news you don't want to get.

I was so busy, I wasn't paying attention to my phone. We stopped for lunch and I finally took it out to see if I had any messages. I had a voicemail and three texts from my friend Mandy (who works with Susy). "Call me." "Kris call me asap." "Where are you babe?"

Weird, but I didn't think it was anything too serious. I call Mandy and she tells me that there isn't going to be a wedding because Susy was involved in a bad accident and it "doesn't look good."

What!?! Talk about being in shock. I told Sandy (who was also going to the wedding) and we both just sat there, at a loss for words. I teared up and was scared, but at the same time, I took the severity with a grain of salt. I love Mandy, but sometimes she can blow stuff out of porportion. She made it seem like our friend was on her deathbed. I refused to believe it until I had some solid information.

Well, needless to say, my whole day was ruined and all I could do was think about whether my friend was going to die and how much I regretted not being in her life consistently for the last few years. (We've had our ups and downs, but at the end of the day, I love this girl to death... especially right now. lol) Thank goodness I was busy with Baby K's birthday and was somewhat distracted, but only somewhat.

Then I hear more news from Mandy: Supposedly Susy has broken "pretty much every bone in her body." Great. I call my sister, who works in an ER, and she tells me that if that is true that she probably won't live because of the amount of trauma. I don't want to hear that! So I start getting upset again.

We find out what hospital Susy was taken to and my sister calls to see if she can get any information. Turns out she's stable, but she's broken her wrist, ankle, and hip. She's in emergency surgery for the hip. She should be okay. Thank you, Jesus! (I'm tearing up again. Great! lol)

Now that's the kind of news I wanted to hear.... well, except for the whole broken bones part. =) I'm just so glad that she's gonna live and that eventually there is going to be a wedding and everything's gonna be okay. God is so good.

My number one lesson from all this: Cherish those you love, whether near or far, because in a blink of an eye they can be taken from you and then you've lost your chance to show them how much they mean to you. Thank the Lord for my second chance. I'm gonna love on that girl the first chance I get! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Jesus!


Here is the news story on the accident:

No comments: