Thursday, May 10, 2007

Poetic Justice...

So, Arlene, the secretary that is gone and whom I can't stand, has been interviewing with another Dept. in El Monte, despite the fact that she has already accepted a position with the Dept. of Child and Family Services (DCFS).

Personally, I believe that is a very shady and unprofessional thing to do. If you know that don't want the position and would rather have another position, why would you accept it? You are allowing DCFS to think that they no longer have any worries about filling the position and that they are set, when in reality, they could be having to continue their search for someone to fill the position again. That's messed up. They could have hired someone that was happy to be there and who would have been loyal in the first place, but you didn't give them that chance. Why? Because you are a selfish, underhanded person.Wow.

I've totally been talking crap about how she is doing this. I think it's wrong and very unprofessional. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Well, yesterday I get a call from a woman asking if she can speak with Arlene:

Me: I'm sorry. She is no longer in this office.

Lady: (pause) Did she get promoted?

Me: Yes, she did.

Lady: To another department?

Me: Yes, to DCFS.

Lady: Was that for the Senior Secretary III position?

Me: Yes, I believe that was the one.

Lady: Oh... okay...... Thank you for your help.

So I hang up and it hits me. I think that was the lady from the El Monte position. OOPS! I think I just totally burned Arlene!

For a minute there I feel bad, but then I think, "That's what she gets for being shady." There are two kinds of shady people in this world: The ones who are smart and think of every detail, thus usually getting away with stuff, and the ones who are stupid and don't cover all of their bases, thus causing people to see right through their B.S. and never getting away with anything. Arlene is a stupid shady person. Why would you tell them to contact you at work when you know you are not going to be in that office for much longer.

If she was smart she would have only given them her cell phone number. Dummy. Of course, if they call you at your old office and the people you used to work with are not aware of the game you are trying to run, it's going to come out that you took a position somewhere.... because unlike you, we aren't liars! Idiot...

The best part is that I--her arch enemy--was the one who spilled the beans and probably put the ball in motion for her not to get the coveted position she wanted all along... haha! Ah man. I know I shouldn't revel in other people's misfortunes, but I think God can give me this one...

No comments: