Friday, May 25, 2007

Help a daughter out!

Yesterday, I stopped by my dad's office to eat with him. I got there and they were having an Asian Pacific American celebration (the County is always having little celebrations for all the cultures). I thought they were going to be eating, but when I got there they were still singing and performing cultural stuff. So, I sat there for about 30 minutes and then when it came time to eat a ginormous line started and I decided to forget it because it was going to take another 30 minutes just to get through the line.

I told my dad I had to go because we were having a baby shower for one of my co-workers and I needed to pick up a gift. So, I said goodbye to a couple of his co-workers and got the usual round of "she's pretty, Antonio." (I think they think that because compared to my dad I am pretty... haha! I'm so mean, but it's true. He'll be the first to joke that we look nothing alike -- I'm pretty and he's not.) So, I leave and head back to the office.

Just a side note: I thought it was funny how at the Baby Shower everyone was asking if I was going to be next. I was like, "Please! Let's all get in a circle and pray that Kristina get's married and then pregnant." =) Then I got the usual, "Trust me, you want to wait." blah blah! Trust me, I don't!

Then last night he starts telling me how how everyone was asking him "who the lady was that was with him." LOL! Perverts, who did they think I was? He told them who I was and they all start talking about how pretty I am.... blah blah blah!!! Then he tells me that there are a couple of new young guys at his office that all the girls are crazy about and that one is 30 and from San Fernando. I was like, "they are probably hos already since all the girls are crazy about them." He said no... that the one 30-year-old guy is a Christian and he doesn't pay attention to them AND that he's not married! I was like, "Dad!? Christian?! Why didn't you introduce me?! What's wrong with you? Don't you want me to get married!" HAHAHAHA!!!! (I make myself laugh sometimes....)

What was funnier was that you could see the light go off in his head like "maybe I should." Haha! Ayayay. Duh, dad!

Then, negative old me, I started going on like theres a catch: He's probably ugly. He probably likes 'em skinny. Etc.

I think my dad is into it now because he was like, "No he is not ugly. He's a little pelon, but he's not ugly." (pelon is Spanish for bald... lol) Then he said that there are some skinny girls in the office that like him and he doesn't pay attention to them. What I should have asked was if he has a girlfriend. Just because he's not married, doesn't mean he doesn't have a girl in his life...

The funniest thing about this whole thing: Mexican men do not sit there and discuss eligible bachelors with their daughters, let alone try to hook them up with them.... hahaha! My dad sure is American...

No comments: