Sunday, May 6, 2007

A very long day...

The wedding is finally over and it turned out great. Of course there were those bumps that I'm starting to learn happen at every wedding, but we got through it and I think it was pretty dang successful. No thanks to David's Bridal or Misty's new mother-in-law, which is all I'm going to say about that. Everything was surprisingly emotional for something involving Misty. She and her husband both had me crying a few times. I love them for that. I always feel like it really doesn't mean too much to me if I don't cry, but I sure did in this case. I know they mean the world to me now -- not that I didn't already I guess.

I realized that weddings are extremely stressful for the bride and the people around her trying to help (duh), but at the end of it all, the bride gets to go off on an awesome vacation for a week, lie on the beach, have some drinks, make some sweet lovin', etc., while the rest of us get to stay behind and clean up. Just one more reason why I can't wait to be the bride.... hahaha!!! Seriously though, this bride definitely deserved to go off and not have to deal with the aftermath. The stuff she had to deal with was at times unnecessary and extremely uncalled for. So, go on girl -- get your honeymoon on!

After the wedding I headed over to Juanito's house to wish him a little happy birthday. Of course, they were watching the De La Hoya/Mayweather fight. It seemed very relaxed there and it was only a few people, who seemed cool. I wanted to stay because after this wedding business, I wanted to be around a small crowd; plus, it's Juanito (he's like my new favorite homie/brother), but I knew I had to go to Kim's because I promised.

That fight was kind of boring. I was glad that Mayweather won, but it just seemed like nothing too exciting really happened. Although, I have to say that Mayweather was dang good at avoiding Oscar's punches. That's hard to do because he is normally very quick and precise. Mayweather was obviously doing his homework. Overall, though, I was kind of bored with the fight and actually more interested in spotting celebs in the audience (Leo DiCaprio, Tobey Maguire, J-Lo, George Lopez, John McCain?, etc.). Oh well, next time...

No comments: