Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Now that we've gotten the intro out of the way...

Arlene, the secretary in my Section that I haven't been able to stand almost since day one of being here, is finally going to be gone forever. Well, hopefully forever (I hear she is trying to keep her contacts open "in case she doesn't like it where she's going," which is funny because she sure is burning bridges like crazy around here). Tomorrow is her last day here and it can't come soon enough. That women has driven both me and Wendy, the other other secretary, CRAZY for as long as we've been here. Peace out, lady, and please don't ever come back. Please...

Wow, Misty's wedding is fast approaching. It's literally in 4 days. 4 days! That means I have 4 days to try to get a little bit of a tan, try to exercise my butt off, get waxed, get a manicure and pedicure, figure out what hairstyle I want to get and where, and who knows what else! Sheesh! and I'm not even the bride. Thank goodness it is almost over though. Too much stress. I don't want to be involved in another wedding for a while... unless it's my own of course, in which case I've already decided that I will be eloping or having a VERY small wedding in Maui or something cool like that where I don't have to do much work. All this planning is too much, especially for someone like me who gets stressed and frazzled a little too easily. We'll see. Let's just focus on getting a good, hansome guy to want to marry me first...

I totally missed church last night on purpose. Bad me. I knew I really had no good excuse not to go, yet I still didn't. It was pure laziness. It was probably also me just giving in to Enemy. Whatever. I'm ashamed of myself. I keep crying about needing real friends that know the Lord, yet I can't bring myself to really go out there and get them. It's hard. (Yet another excuse of mine, but it's true.) I'm really trying to put myself out there, but I.... I just don't know how to explain how hard it is for me to do that. I just worry to much about what people are thinking about me and how they perceive me. That is what holds me back and as ridiculous as it sounds (since I really don't care [too much] what people think when it comes to what I write), it's the truth... Ugh...

You know what's funny about not having a MySpace anymore? How you realize how totally consumed you were with it. Everytime I hear a song that I like, my first instinct is to want to logon to my MySpace and add it to my page. I read news stories and want to post them up so that people can be informed. I now no longer really have a reason to take self-portraits with my digital camara. (Haha! This sounds funny when I go back and read it.) Oh well, life goes on. I will go on with out MySpace. It's not that big of a deal... or is it? Myspace is such a cult...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading that the only part that stuck in my head is you getting waxed...LOL Love ya!

.:Kristina:. said...

Thanks for the comment, but you have to leave your name or something, otherwise I don't know who you are... =)

Ron said...

don't feel bad about missing church, you're only human.

btw, my wife was a myspace-aholic too. They really need a 12 step program for that.

keep up the good work on your blog.