Monday, September 24, 2007

Sick and pooped...

Man, I had a busy and tiring weekend. I was sick, but I still had to go down to San Fernando because I had something going on every day of the weekend. I got no chance to take a rest, relax, and get better from this neverending sickness.

Friday, I took my car down to have the check engine light checked out. Turned out I needed a Temperature Sensor. I was shocked, however, when it only costed my $33. They didn't charge me the labor because they should have caught it before they gave it back to me the weekend before, AND it only took an hour and I had my car back the same day. Score! Can't complain about that. Now my car is ready to be traded in. Can't wait!

Saturday, Baby Victor's 1st birthday went down. At first we thought it was going to be a bust because it was freakin pouring the day before and raining most of that day. We (actually mostly me with help from Kim) put up all the decorations inside because we thought the party was going to have to take place inside. The rain finally pretty much died down and people started showing up. There ended up being a big group of people there and it was a success.

Break Time! Funny Story: So the little kids have already done their pinata and now it's time for the big kids to bust open the second pinata. The thing is ready to go when it comes up on Ruben's turn to hit it. Well, Mike was joking talking about finding a rake to rake up all the candy. I turned around and found one. I was like, "It's on." So, people see me with the rake and laugh, but they don't really think I am going to use it. Muahaha! I tell Ruben to bust that thing open and I'll get him his candy. I was literally like, "You break it; I'll rake it." So, Ruben busts that thing up and there is a shower of candy. I immediately bust out with the rake and pull in two big piles of candy in a matter of seconds (of course I left plenty for the kids... believe me... I'm not a buster like that). I was like, "My candy!" Haha! Literally everyone in the place errupted in laughter. It was funny as hell..... *sigh* I wasn't playing....

Anyway...

Sunday, I went to Church with Katie, Nick, and Tirsa, and then we went with Katie to get her hair cut afterwards. In the afternoon, my friend Ana's son, Dilan, had his 4th birthday party at Northridge Park. It had been sunny that morning, but of course, as soon as I get to the park it's freezing and I left my sweater in the car. I had to eventually go back and get it because seriously, I am already sick enough. I'm sure they thought I was a party pooper because I just sat there most of the time not feeling very well. Some of my old co-workers were there and I didn't even interact with them that much. I really didn't want to go in the first place because I wasn't feeling well, but I can't help it. When I say I'm going to be there, I am there.... My word is my bond. I don't flake. Well, 98% of the time, at least.

So yeah, I had a full weekend and I almost feel like I needed a day off to recover from it, but alas, no. I must come in because I need to save my time up for Ireland. I can suck it up for Ireland. =)

No comments: