Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baby shower rundown...

So, aside from all my drama this weekend (see previous blog entry) and the unbearable heat, Sandy's baby shower turned out great. A very good amount of people showed up despite the fact that it was more than 100 degrees and the baby shower took place outside. The decorations and layout came out good. The cake came out good. The diaper cake, after I finished it, was a hit. The food was good. The games were successfull. The raffle was succesful (they left with about $115). Sandy cleaned up on presents. It was a complete success. Score!

I am so good at throwing together these functions. I had a whole schedule laid out and it pretty much all went according to plan, and because of that everyone seemed to be entertained and practically no one left early. They all stayed to the end. I'm sure that was because Sandy is so loved, but I have to say that part of it was because my goal was not to let anyone get bored and to keep things moving. So, anyone who laughed at me for being anal and wanting to plan every detail down to the schedule of activities can kiss my booty because it all ended up making the baby shower an awesome event. I guess there are pluses to being an anal control freak... haha!

Now who wants to hire me for their special occasion? LOL!

No comments: