Thursday, September 6, 2007

For my fellow Disneyland fans...

Those who know me even minimally know that I am obsessed with Disneyland. I love the place. There isn't a year in my life that I can recall not going to Disneyland at least once. I know where every restroom is. I know where every drinking fountain is. I know where every ride is. Etc, etc. I love DISNEYLAND!!!

Anyway, every once in a while I will surf the net for sites run by other Disney fans and boy are there good ones. So, I decided to share my findings with anyone who might be interested in the history of and the behind-the-scenes info on Disneyland:

Yesterland.com
This site has pictures and descriptions of all the now-extinct rides and attractions at Disneyland. Do you remember a specific ride you used to get on when you are little, but can no longer find it at the park? You'll find it in Yesterland. I love knowing all the history of Disneyland and the way it used to be when my mom was young... this site totally feeds my need for that knowledge.

DoomBuggies.com
This site has everything--and I mean EVERYTHING--you want to know about the Haunted Mansion. Check it out. First time I found this site, I spent hours going through it and I learned so much. You'll definitely never see the ride the same again. WARNING: Don't read if you don't want to know how they do some of the special effects.

TellNoTales.com
All you need to know about The Pirates of the Carribean ride. Just like DoomBuggies.com, this one gives you all the info and history on the awesome ride that inspired the movies. Did you know that Pirates was originally going to be a walk-thru ride with a miniature pirate village? Check out this site for that story and more.

LaughingPlace.com
This site provides info on all Disney parks around the world. Every rumor, tidbit, etc. is addressed. This one's been around a while.

There are others, believe me, but there are too many to list. Enjoy these ones though.... They have mountains of info and media. Enjoy!

No comments: