Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Hallow... Nothin!

This is the first Halloween that I'm not celebrating. Well, since that one year when we were little that my mom got convicted and decided no Halloween for us. We were not happy. Yeah, that only lasted that one year... lol.

Anyway, after last year's bad experience, I've just decided that Halloween is no longer for me. It's not very God-honering and it's not like I have kids to do things (church festivals) with anyway. I'm over it. I'm staying in tonight...

Since I'm writing, in other news...

I met with the two potential roommates yesterday. It went very well. I can now pretty much replace the "potential" with "future." They were great and we seemed to be on the same page about almost everything. I should be moving in the first of December. I feel like God really has his hand in this and I'm UBER excited about coming back.

Plus, not to sound like a broken record, but I miss my church so much!!!

Oh, last night we celebrated my aunt Jean's 50th birthday in an amazing Old-Hollywood house in the Hollywood Hills. It was pretty fun. My favorite cousin Justin was there, so that was even better. Plus, his semi-reclusive mom, my aunt Patty, came from Pennsylvania, so that got the waterworks flowing.

It really was an enjoyable time with the family. I wish my sisters would have come (they had a Halloween party... tsk tsk. lol), but then again I'm glad they didn't. Because they weren't there I was forced to really be social with everyone, including non-family members whom I did not know. It was overall a great time...

Despite not being part of the "festivities" that come with this "holiday" (emphasis way added), I totally had a productive, full, and enjoyable weekend. Good times!

Oh and one good thing about today: Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner. Yay! =)

No comments: