Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Forgetting the creamer for a sec...

I got a letter from Human Resources. My apps were accepted and I have a secretary test lined up for next week. I'm sure I'll do fine. Last time I was in Band 2 and I don't expect to do worse than that at all... especially because my knowledge of County practices has grown a lot since I last took that test.

Please, please PLEASE, Lord, help me out. I know I'm a brat and don't deserve it (see last couple of posts), but I really need to be utilizing my skills in a broader capacity. Pleeeeeeeeeeez-uh...

Yesterday was day 4 of Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred. Like I said previously, this workout is no joke. I definitely already feel more energetic and slightly leaner. I'm definitely going to give this thing all I got. By the way, my ENTIRE body is sore. I'm talking about muscles I never even knew were there. This is so gonna work...

I haven't heard from Ramon at all since his brother asked him to ask me whether I believed that I could lose my salvation. After all the reading I've done on their "church," I can pretty much guess that they are "advising" him not to speak with me because I don't believe what they do. I did ask him, via an FB message, if we were still on for me visiting him in Texas and he said yes. I'm guessing they are preparing to try to "talk some sense into me." What they don't know is that the Holy Spirit is also preparing me to talk some Truth to them.

Either way, I believe this will probably be the last time I see Ramon. I know they are sucking him into these lies as I type this. All I can do is trust that the Lord has a plan and that He will reveal His Truth in His time to this entire family... It's just very distressing...

I signed up for LIFE groups and even spoke with the leader the other day, who seemed really cool, but then I realized that I have signed up for a day and time that will completely conflict with my Invisalign treatment. Gah!

So now I need to call this lady, break it to her that I can't be a part of her group (and she seemed so excited too), and try to get myself into another group. Ay ay ay! I really need to start carrying a calendar around with me. I always manage to double-book....

No comments: