Thursday, October 21, 2010

On the move...

So, today I officially started my search for a new place to live. I've found a few people who are looking to rent rooms or share rent costs. I'm specifically looking at different Christian Roommate Finder websites. It looks like the average cost is around $550, which I can totally manage.

I hope I can find something quickly. After only 5 months, I'm ready to get out and SOON. It's just not working for me and I'm sure it's not working for my sister and her BFF. It's constant tension and frustration... most of the frustration coming from me.

Lately I feel like I am the ONLY one who pulls her weight around that house. It has come down to me being practically the only (if not THE only) one who does the dishes, takes out the trash, cleans the house, makes the coffee, feeds the cat, etc. I feel like I have a housekeeping job I didn't sign up for. Then to make things worse, little things, like not changing toilet paper rolls (Really? Is it THAT hard?!), are starting to set me off. I feel like there is nothing fair about this living arrangement.

To make matters EVEN MORE worse than the above, the house is falling apart. The leaky ceiling finally collapsed yesterday. That's one problem among many, including, but not limited to:
  • No air conditioning/heat
  • Broken dryer
  • Broken oven
  • Broken water heater

It's like I'm paying to live in a shack! So, as you can see, I really have no good reason to stay. If I go, it only ups each of their shares of the rent by $150, which I know they can handle. I at least won't have that hanging over my conscience.

In the end, I think this will be better. My sister's and my relationship will stay intact and I will be able to return to the area that I've grown to love and my church, which I both miss DESPERATELY.

Now it's a matter of breaking it to my sister...

No comments: