Monday, October 18, 2010

Zombie masterpiece?

No, this is not a post about Zombieland, the greatest zombie movie ever (in case you are confused by my use of the word masterpiece... lol), although I could write a whole post about that. ("The Rules" alone are awesome, but the best part had to be Bill Murray's cameo!)

Anyway, my sister Katie brought home Pride and Prejudice and Zombies for me to read. I'm about 6 chapters in and I have to say I'm not sure if I like it yet. I've chuckled maybe twice. It's definitely different.

I LOVE Jane Austen (especially Pride & Prejudice) and I LOVE Zombie movies, so everyone and their momma has recommended that I read this book. So far the jury's out on whether they work together for me. I'll have to let you know.

In the meantime, here's an excerpt to get an idea of what this book entails:
"In a few days Mr. Bingley returned Mr. Bennet's visit, and sat about ten minutes with him in his library. He had entertained hopes of being admitted to a sight of the young ladies, whose beauty and fighting skill he had heard much; but he saw only the father. The ladies were somewhat more fortunate, for they had the advantage of ascertaining from an upper window that he wore a blue coat, rode a black horse, and carried a French carbine rifle upon his back--quite an exotic weapon for an Englishman. However, from his clumsy wielding of it, Elizabeth was quite certain that he had little training in musketry or any of the deadly arts."

No comments: