Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's the world going to throw at us next?

This column by Mike Adams JUMPED out at me, in light of the fact that I myself have recently posted and responded to an ad specifically seeking a Christian roommate. It seems that a woman in Michigan who posted an ad for a Christian roommate at her church has had a civil rights complaint filed against her for discrimination because it excludes people of other faiths.

Seriously?

SERIOUSLY?!

This world is an amazing place, in a bad way. Thankfully (and kind of surprisingly), this type of crap hasn't presented itself in California.... yet. Of course, the good people at the Aliance Defense Fund have swooped in to save the day. It's sad that we as Christians even need an Aliance Defense Fund, but it's a reality. The world is coming up with more and more (and in this case ridiculous) ways to attack us and our beliefs.

I guess we shouldn't be surprised:

Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man. Luke 21:36

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

Then you will be handed over to be persecuted and put to death, and you will be hated by all nations because of me. Matthew 24:9

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

No comments: