Thursday, February 25, 2010

Goings-on of the moment...

Right now I am working on my goddaughter's 10th birthday party plans. Her birthday is not until mid-July, but we are throwing the party sometime in May so that all her school friends will come. I've come up with a slightly gothic/emo Alice in Wonderland theme, a la Tim Burton's version that is coming out sometime next week.

If you know me even a little (or have read my blog for awhile.... all 2 of you [lol]), you know that I go all out with my party planning. So, yes, I've already started. I'm rustling up some amazing ideas from the Internet (people have some great ideas out there!). I can't wait to get started. I think it's going to be one of my best. I think I might start hitting up some Goodwill stores this weekend to start looking for mis-matched tea pots, cups, plates, etc. I told you, I'm going ALL OUT....

This weekend is the Baby Shower of a childhood friend of the family. I am so excited for her. This is a girl who had a rough first half of her childhood and then went on to have a very rough and dysfunctional marriage to a total drug addict and liar with whom she had a miscarriage (blessing in disguise, Lord?). She is now married to the perfect man for her and they are having their first child together (he has two awesome daughters from a previous marriage who love my friend like a mother). My family is like family to her and we are all UBER excited. This baby shower is definitely going to be a celebration....

Right now I am impatiently awaiting word that my other friends have had their baby. Baby Monroy is due tomorrow. Come on, little guy. We all want to meet you already!

In other not-so-great-but-necessary-for-now news, I've decided to step down from Children's Ministry at church. It sucks and I feel horrible about it, but its something I feel I need to do right now. I am so busy with preperations for moving back to San Fernando and trying to get life in order right now and my weekends are the only time I have to do all this. I would rather bow out than be unreliable and have to flake on the kids. Of course, I definitely won't be missing church, whether it's Calvary Chapel Chino Valley, Shepherd of the Hills, or either one via the Internet; I just can't stick around to serve. I have already promised myself, and more importantly God, that as soon as I'm settled in the Valley, I'll be looking into serving at Shepherd. I MUST use my singleness productively to serve the Kingdom. I know this!

Speaking of church, next weekend is Calvary Chapel's Women's Retreat. I'm so excited. I was BEYOND blessed when I went last year. It literally changed my life. This year, my sister Kim is coming and I'm so excited for her. I know she is struggling with her walk (aren't we all though, really), so I'm hoping this will jump start her on the path to full surrender to the Lord like it did for me.... not that it's been a pefect path. =)

Well, that's about all I can think of for now.... TTFN!

No comments: