Wednesday, February 24, 2010

John 8:12

"I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darness, but shall have the light of life."


Went to lunch with my co-worker today (the same one who asked me to lunch a few weeks ago). As we got in the car to come back to the office he pulled something out from the compartment in the driver-side door and said, "I had a friend who was selling stuff and I thought of you." He then handed the object to me. It was a beautiful hard-covered (wood, actually) journal, with John 8:12 inscribed on the front next to a lighthouse.

I was floored. I even almost cried. Good thing I had my sunglasses on. lol.

What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. What a gift that I so didn't deserve.

I showed it to my co-worker and she said something like, "See people are noticing you. You are a light to the world." Yeah right! I don't know how, since all I've been doing is moping around like a spoiled brat and idiot for the last couple of weeks. No light to the world have I been, I can assure you of that. Shameful.

Well, I'm back to normal. I've snapped out of it, and I'm going to do my best to live up to this gift....

In other news. Yikes! Homeboy has asked me to lunch twice and gotten me a gift. We all know what this means..... Still not sure how I feel about this. God, it's in your hands.

No comments: