Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Alex Malcolm Monroy


Last night, at around 9:45 p.m. my friend, Mike, became a father. Yay! I'm so excited for him and his wife, Alycia. Baby Alex came via C-section, and was a little over 8 pounds and about 20 inches long. (I'll post a pic as soon as I can get my hands on one. )


Mike has been a friend of mine almost since my first week in the Entertainment Department at Six Flags. It's going to be 8 years now--although it seems much longer. We've had our ups and downs. We've had some adventures. We've had some periods of not speaking. lol. But through it all we've remained pretty good friends and almost family to each other. I was even told by daddy that this is like me having my first nephew. My resonse: "I'll take it!" =)
Mike still has a lot of growing up to do (and I know that the Lord is doing something in his life right now), but I have to say that I am SO proud of Mike. I think he is going to turn out to be a great, loving, and attentive father and I can't wait to see it.
I also can't wait to see this child and to provide hours and hours of free babysitting now that I'm moving back to the Valley and a house that is literally down the street from the Monroy family.
Oh happy day!!!
God bless this family and especially Baby A-Mon: future Dodger All-star. =) According to his daddy, at least.... May the Lord use this child to give these two new parents a glimpse of the extent of His awesome and enduring love for them. Hallelujah! Amen!

No comments: