Tuesday, February 9, 2010

When the enemy has a field day...

Wow. The enemy is doing a number on my sister right now. Yesterday she called me crying. She discovered some rather disturbing things that her husband has been doing behind her back and lying to her face about. I won't get into them here, but they are bad. My heart broke for her.


Now she is at a crossroads. She's going to confront him, but I think she's ready to just leave. Apparently, these are things they have been struggling with since before they were married, but she really believed that they were over and done with. She was wrong.

The protective, sisterly side of me wanted to tell her to get their baby and get out of there, but the Christian side of me--that side of me that knows that there are things in my own life I should be ashamed of and for which I have been forgiven--pleaded with her to remember who the real enemy is here: Satan. He hates marriage and he wants all of our children to grow up in broken homes. I told her that she needs to do everything she can to fight this and to help her husband get help. I told her to call the church and see if they could help. She did and they advised her not to confront him alone.


Well, before this whole confrontation could go down, the enemy threw a horrible wrench into the situation. I truly believe he caused this in order to make my sister lose focus.

She was getting ready and had the baby on the bed. Their not-so-friendly cat, Stitch, was on the bed with the baby. She loves to get near him and try to pet him, but he usually isn't having it. So what I think happened was that she got in his face and he tried to back up, but began to go over the side. Well, everyone knows that when cats are falling they will grab on to the first thing in front of them. Well the thing he stuck his claw into was the baby's face. The cat was literally hanging off the poor baby's face.



Of course my sister freaked out and then freaked out even more when she saw the gash just below the baby's eye. The cat literally missed her eye socket/eyeball by millimeters.



She took the baby to the ER and the poor thing had to get 2 stitches. Needless to say, the confrontation never happened.

So, I've been trying to get ahold of my sister to see how she and the baby are doing, but she doesn't answer her phone. She's probably at work, but I can't help but be very frustrated not knowing what's going on. I really don't want my sister to lose focus and let the enemy talk her out of getting help.

Please Lord, give my sister strength. Let her see through these attacks from the enemy and not allow them to deter her. Put Your hands of protection upon this family and use Your Holy Spirit to convict my brother-in-laws heart into repentance and to transform him. Give my sister the discernment and understanding she needs to know what to do and to be in-line with your will. In Jesus' name, Amen!

No comments: