Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Kaylin's Country Fair Round-up

Phew! It's over. We did it. We pulled off one AWESOME birthday party for Kaylin's 2nd Birthday. (See pics in my previous post.) Everyone loved it, but most importantly, Kaylin seemed to have the time of her life. I never once saw her cry or get angry or anything. She was living it up!

The day started out kinda weird. I got to the ranch and it seemed like everyone (but me) was in a bad mood or something. We got it together though and started setting up. Everything came together perfectly. The food was set up (including our cool Hot Dog rotisserie!), the decorations were posted up, and the games were arranged in plenty of time. We did everything pretty efficiently to where we had plenty of time to put it all together and go pick up the cake and get ready well before anyone arrived. It all worked out.

The kids were loving getting their own tickets to "pay" for their games and treats. They were loving the face painting and the bounce house (which I think is a hit with every kid wherever you go. lol). I think the most popular thing by far was the Balloon Twister guy. He had a line down the block. Hahaha... Seriously. We couldn't get hardly anyone to play any games for the whole hour he was there. He was AMAZING though... I have to say. The balloons I saw him make were incredible (Tinkerbell!! Wow!). On one hand I wish we coulda had him longer, but on the other I was glad he left cuz he was stealing the customers from the games. =)

All in all the party turned out great. There were almost no complaints or crying from any kid that I noticed. They ALL, including the parents, seemed to love it. We've been getting nothing but compliments since it ended ("You should start a busines!"). It makes me proud, but most of all it warms my heart that people really appreciated it and that we could give them an almost free (since they did buy gifts for Kaylin) day of fun for them and their families in a time when it's not in the budget to go out to an amusement park or fair.

People are suggesting we do this every year. Maybe we will. We'll see.... At least we know it would be a big hit and Kaylin would love it!

Thanks, Lord, for giving us that creative and ingenious gene. All the praise, honor, and glory goes to YOU. We would not be able to do these things without Your gifts. =)

No comments: