Monday, February 8, 2010

Back to normal. Well normal for me....

I gave myself a blogging break for a bit there. I was starting to depress myself even more by reading my depressing blogs. lol


Not much has happened. I'm mostly focused on all the moving plans and stressing about money, as usual. We have already purchased 3 nice pieces of furniture for the house and it's slowly but surely transforming into a pretty chic bachelorette pad. =)


Here are some highlights of the last week:


Mom found out her checks were stolen. She got an email from Chase letting her know that she had overdraft fees. When she went online to check her account there were two checks totallying over $1100 that she did not write. She spoke with Chase and, because my mother cannot say anything without giving TOO MANY details, they denied her claim with the reasoning being that she was negligent (she was too honest and told them that she wasn't quite sure where the checks were, so she's not sure from where they were stolen). Irregardless, Chase should have given her her money back--that's what the FDIC insurance is for--but they refuse to. Now we are all planning to close our accounts with Chase. Washington Mutual would have never done this; they cared about their customers.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tirsa's friend, Sergio, may also move in with us. It's not a for sure thing, but I hope it happens. For one, we will feel a lot safer with a guy there. Secondly, he is a really sweet, kind, Christian guy, so I don't see any shadiness. PLUS, it will make rent even cheaper for everyone because we'll be splitting it 4 ways.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Despite not feeling very good and being beyond broke, I went down to the Valley this last weekend to help with the new furniture; to give my parents some alone time; to watch This Is It with Katie, Tirsa and friends; and also because Mandy wanted to buy me the bedding set I want for the "new old house" for my belated Christmas present. I got there Saturday morning and from there we went to go buy two more pieces of furniture. We got them home, built them, and then started to prepare for the This Is It viewing party. Unfortunately though, everyone started dropping out, so it was just Katie, Tirsa and I. Katie was disappointed, but we ordered pizza and tried to make the best of it.

Sergio ended up showing up, which I admit made me happy (apparently, he likes me and I have to say the more I get to know him, the more I like him too). Anyway, when the movie was over, we played some Dominos and then, after we found out that Sergio had never watched it, we threw on Chapelle's Show (I know it's not the most Christian thing to watch, but I can't help it... that show is funny). We literally stayed up until 2 in the morning watching the whole first season. When it was over I took Sergio home (he literally lives in some apartments across the street, so he had walked over). Another admission: I would not have minded if I would have gotten a good night kiss, but that didn't happen. Oh well.... lol


So yeah, my weekend was interesting, but cool. I got to hang out with someone I am interested in getting to know. Got my bedding set. Got to help with the beautification of my new old house. Let's keep this momentum going right into the most dreaded day of the year for me: Valentine's Day. (BOO!)

No comments: