Thursday, July 19, 2007

Who's the best?

I am! I am!

LOL. Yeah, so I had my Secretary III interview with the Dept. of Public Health. They totally loved me. I went in there with the whole I-have-nothing-to-lose vibe and ended leaving very positive that they will offer me the position. My potential future boss told me that I was an "exceptional candidate."

Oh yeah... That's right! Uh-huh!

Well, it sounds like an awesome opportunity and position, but I'm still a little torn on whether to take it. The drive is so far that I could pretty much move back to San Fernando and have the same amount of a commute that I have now. I'm NOT moving back to the Valley though, so I would be stuck with a loooooong commute. I can carpool with my Dad though because his office is only about 4 miles away. Then there is the whole problem of leaving my boss after she did everything to get me the opportunity to become a Secretary II so that I could stay her secretary. Then again, I got to think about me.

The pluses are that I will get to work for a man and I will be making even more money. The position is in the part of the Dept. that deals with children and adolescents, which is great for me. Plus, they were talking about how I would not only be doing secretarial work, but I would be working alongside them on program stuff, which means opportunity to learn more things. Sounds good to me!

I don't know though! I really got to think about this. I'm completely torn. All I can do is pray about it I guess and hope that God will give me an answer...

No comments: