Monday, July 2, 2007

Blech...

Stress sucks.

Lately I have been having all kinds of issues and I know they can all be traced back to stress. For the last few months I have been having piercing chest pain and a hard time breathing when I try to sleep on my left side. Then last week, for three whole days, I was having chest pain and difficulty breathing just sitting at my desk. At first I thought it was a panic or anxiety attack, but it lasted 3 freakin days, so I started thinking maybe I had some real issue. My co-worker, Liz, was urging me to go to the doctor because her sister had similar symptoms that she ignored and ended up having a heart attack at the age of 33. That is not cool.

Eh. Despite her prodding though, I didn't go to the doctor. Why? So I can have him/her treat me like I am making a mountain out of a mole hill and then walk out of there feeling pissed off and like a dummy? No thanks! I hate that crap. That is why I hate going to the doctor. Especially at Kaiser. It might as well be a County facility. They treat you like you are wasting their time or something. Whatever. Unless I am having a full-on heart attack, stroke, etc., I ain't going.

I think I will make an appointment for a physical. I just need a general check-up. I want to see if I am healthy overall, despite all the stress.

I think I just don't take stress as well as most. I have a lot on my plate right now: work, debts, saving for my birthday trip to Vegas, saving for Puerto Vallarta, planning Sandy's baby shower, my love life and the strife that comes along with that, etc. etc. etc.

Stupid stressful etc.'s!

No comments: