Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I fear...

I just read this blog post on Boundless about fear and what it holds us back from. I scrolled down to read the comments and this one really hit home:

Naomi said the following at 8:47 AM on Aug 31:

I fear keeping my standards high and ending up alone.

I fear lowering my standards and ending up with a man who breaks my heart.

I fear missing the voice of God and His leading in the path of my life.

I fear being comfortable enough to stay here/doing this/the same thing forever.

I fear being "good" at many things and "great" at nothing.

I fear becoming the kind of person that everyone thinks is interesting & attractive, but no man wants enough to pursue.

I fear being okay with complacency and never aspiring to greater goals.

I fear having said the wrong thing at an opportune time and forever changed the course of my life.

I fear loving technology too much and neglecting the practice of true living.

I fear the paralyzing consequences of fear itself.

What could change if I did not fear? Only--and most importantly--my trust in God.



I literally teared up because I have the exact same fears and they are very present at the moment. I hate them. Particulary the first, second and sixth, and ESPECIALLY the 8th.

Lord, please take these fears far far away. I don't want to be trapped in their grip. Help me to continue to cast my cares upon you.


On a side note, I wanted to record the quote of the day from my friend Connie:


"Just remember that when things are from God, they will just fall into place peacefully and without strife.....there will be no doubt in your mind that it is the Lord that is working."

No comments: