Monday, August 9, 2010

Heart-bursting love...


There is nothing like my niece wrapping her little 2-(almost 3-)year-old arms around me and pronouncing to the world, "Dis is mi tia." Translation: This is MY tia (aunt).

There is nothing like her coming up to me, giving me a big hug around the thighs, and then slapping my butt. Hahaha! (I know that sounds bad, but--right or wrong--it's her way of showing she likes you. We're gonna have to break her of that habit though.... lol)

There's nothing like her turning to me and saying, "Kitina, you silly." To which I reply, "You're silly!" To which she replies, "You silly too!" Brings a smile to my face every time.

I love my nieces. Both of them... actually ALL, since I also have a step-niece, Maddy. But Kaylita just has a very special little nook all to herself in my heart. It amazes me how much she gravitates to me. I think something in her heart responds to the something in my heart that loves her so very much.

Man, I can't wait to have my own little ones, because there's definitely enough love in here to go around!

I imagine this is how God feels toward each and every one of us.... times a billion.

No comments: