Saturday, August 28, 2010

Down for the count...

I'm starting to feel like my body is turning against me. Or maybe it just feels like it wants to go to the ER. On Thursday I was having the anxiety-induced chest pain that had been lingering for three days. I gave that to the Lord and it went away, but now something even worse has happened.

Thursday night I came to my sister Kim's house so that I could watch my niece yesterday, Friday. I spent the night in my step-niece Maddy's bed. No bueno. That mattress is way old and has no support. So, Friday, I somehow managed to throw out my lower back and it was made worse when I tried to pick Alexis up.

Now I've been in excruciating pain since yesterday. I can't leave because I'm afraid to drive. Thankfully, my brother-in-law hooked me up with a heating pad that I slept with all night and which I am using as I type this. It's alleviated alot of the pain, but unfortunately I can't take it with me when I get up... so yeah.

Well, my dad is now on his way over because I can't take it anymore. Hopefully, he can crack it or at least massage it, but honestly I don't know there is much he can do. I think it's a deep tissue issue (haha... that rhymes... lol). I had the same problem nearly 15 years ago when I was in H.S. It literally put me out of P.E. for a month. Back then I was WAY more out of shape, so I'm surprised this would happen again, but here we are.

Now not only am I not happy about being in pain (of course), but I'm also irritated that this going to foil my plans for signing up for the gym. I get paid Monday and I was planning to go sign up right after work. Yeah. That's so not happening now for a while. What I will need to do is get back to doing Pilates because, just like when this happened 15 years ago, I'm going to have to strengthen both my ab and back muscles.

Gah!!!

This is my trade-off for having such a young-looking face--the rest of my body is old and falling apart..... lol

*sigh*

No comments: