Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Die-hard Anne Fan

I admit it. I'm obsessed. It started with Anne of Green Gables, and now, 4 books later, I'm completely attached... simultaneously looking forward to and greiving over the last two books in the serious. It's almost over! No!

I've been so engrossed that I literally asked my Mom for nothing more than the whole series for my birthday. It's that bad.

Why did I never read these as a child? If I have daughters, they are so getting to know Anne as early as possible. What little girl--or even big girl, as I can attest to--wouldn't fall in love with Anne (with an "e") Shirley? =)


"Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we know all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?" Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables)

No comments: