Thursday, July 22, 2010

Avoidance...

Gah! So homeboy who likes me at work is stepping it up and I'm getting increasingly annoyed. (Background here, here, and here.) We had an awkward lunch the other day--I even went back to my desk halfway through it--but he still persists. *sigh*

I finally had come to the conclusion that I just needed to be straight up with him and tell him that I don't see him as anything more than just a friend. I had numerous pretend talks with the mirror while getting ready for work, trying to figure out how to say it with tact and finesse and regard for his feelings. Yes... I do care about his feelings. I know what it feels like to have someone not feel for you as you feel for them.

Well, right when I got myself pumped up for it, the Holy Spirit told me something: Don't do it.

Huh?

Don't do it. Your instincts, as right as they might be, are not enough. He hasn't verbalized anything. His bruised ego might cause him to lash out, denying that he even liked you in the first place, which will make you look like a conceited jerk. Then there is also the chance that he will tell others you work with, thus making you look like a conceited jerk to them also. No bueno.

Ooooooo. Good point, H.S. Good point.

So, for now, I'm just going to avoid the issue until and unless he brings it up. All I can do is just turn down all of his invites until he finally gives up.

Please let him give up, Lord. *sigh*

No comments: