Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thoughts on Anne of Green Gables

As you know, I picked up Anne of Green Gables (AOGG) and have been reading it for a couple weeks now. I finished it today. LOVED IT!

Although I'm generally a crier, not too many books have made me cry. In fact the only time I can remember crying on a book is in Lord of the Rings: Return of the King when (SPOILER ALERT) I thought a certain mischevious Hobbit who's name begins with a "P" gets killed. Turns out he doesn't, but when I thought he was a goner, I cried my eyes out.

And yes, by way of the previous paragragh, I have now revealed how much of a nerd I really am. Judge me if you will....

Anyway, AOGG, made me cry right there at my desk at work. (Yeah, I know I shouldn't be reading at work, but what they don't know won't hurt them. lol)

It is now one of my all-time favorite books.

Up next: I think I'll go ahead and purchase the other books in the Anne Series. I must know what happens next!

No comments: