Thursday, December 31, 2009

On the cusp of a New Year...

"Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man." Benjamin Franklin


I'm not a New Year's Resolution-making type of person. Never have been. Let's be real, no one really keeps them. Well, most don't. My sister once made a resolution not to drink the whole year (back when we weren't exactly walking with the Lord) and she kept it. I was pretty proud of her for it... I think those times were the beginnings of us starting to little by little hear the Lord's calling for us to come back to Him.

Anyway, this year, I have changed things up a little and made a resolution for myself: Put God first, then others, then myself.

I was doing okay this year with my relationship with the Lord and being positive--I was really growing. Then, all of a sudden, I fell right back into self-pity, lack of trust in the Lord, loss of joy, etc. Not cool. All of that has it's roots in SELFISHNESS. I know this. Hence, my resolution.

So, Lord, help me to remember You above all things and then to put others before myself... not for show, not for praise, but because it's right and good in Your sight. Help me to re-discover my need and want for YOUR will and not my own. Light a bright, burning flame in my heart for You and Your ways. May this new year be filled with hope, joy, and blessings that come from a deeper relationship with You. In Jesus' mighty name, Amen!

No comments: