Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Loud and Clear

So the Lord is now pounding it into my head that I need to "be still and know that [He] is God." Everywhere I turn there are articles and stories on being content and making use of my singleness to serve the Lord. This article, In the Meantime: What to Do While Waiting on God, was Today's Boundless featured article and was particularly personal and timely. Here is an excerpt:

"No one knows how long their Meantime will last. Could be a few months, or a lifetime. But one thing's always certain: If our priority is finding another person, we'll never be satisfied [emphasis mine]..."

Yeah, that was so for me. I needed to read this. I needed to be reminded that nothing--including marriage or even God's promises--should be coming before my relationship with God. He needs to be #1 because at the end of the day He is the only one who can fulfill me. If He's not #1 when I do finally "find" my husband, things are going to go terribly awry. Why? Because I will learn the hard way that my husband can't fill the hole in my heart the way the Lord does. That's a recipe for trouble, in life and in my marriage.

Lord, help me to seek after You. Take away this desire for marriage, Lord, because it's getting in the way of You and me. =(

No comments: