Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The older I get...

... the less drama I want in and around my life! I think that comes also from growing closer to the Lord. No drama!

Some of my friends are wrapped up in some mad drama right now and it's starting to get on my nerves. Of course, much of it is being facilitated by Facebook. It's one of those reasons why people say they hate social networking sites. I get that, I really do, but I don't blame Facebook. I blame us for putting our business (ahem... drama) all over the Internet and then acting shocked when some crazy crap kicks off (I am big time guilty of this myself, embarrasingly).

All I know is that I don't want any part of it anymore. I especially don't want to be dragged into other people's issues. I have enough drama of my own to worry about.

Right now I'm making a promise not to passive-aggresively use Facebook to send indirect angry messages to people, not to air my dirty laundry, not to jump in and comment on something that has nothing to do with me, and to only say things that are positive and funny.... well, unless it's political. That's different. Politics is fair game in my book. =)

This week at my church, and churches across California, is the week of prayer and fasting. I considered fasting off of Facebook and I think I should have done it. Actually, I think I should only use Facebook to catch up and not to daily know all the chisme (English translation: gossip, juice, drama, etc.). This is getting to be too much. Even though the drama doesn't directly involve me, it and Facebook are truly taking away from productive time I could be giving to the Lord.


Forgive me, Lord. Help me to be more like You and to use Your time wisely. For that matter, forgive me for any pain and hurt I've ever caused in the past due to not minding my business or keeping my mouth shut. Help me to stay positive and to worry about Your business only. Amen!

2 comments:

Max Solis said...

...I was in drama in high school. Took beginning drama as a freshmen, then advanced drama the next 2 years...but since then I've graduated (lol). I hear what your saying, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Stay focused!
Take care & God bless!

.:Kristina:. said...

Yes, I think that's a good way of putting it: I've graduated. =) Thanks for your encouraging words!