Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My new Holiday tradition: Christmas Pretzels


This year, since I'm broke with a capital "B," I decided to make a yummy treat as a gift for my co-workers--thoughtful AND cheap. lol. I immediately thought of chocolate-covered pretzels. They are great because they are both sweet and salty in one scrumptious little package.


Well, I hit up Michael's and got almost everything I needed: Melting chocolates (in Blue [for my Jewish boss], White, and Red), wax paper, and Christmas sprinkles. The pretzels I got at Big Lots of all places. I was able to find a large 36 oz. container of pretzel sticks for 5 bucks. With all those supplies I made around 60+ pretzels. Not bad at all. All for around $30. NOT BAD AT ALL!

Well, everyone enjoyed them.... A LOT. So much so that I was getting requests for more. So last weekend, I got all the fixins (including regular-style pretzels--see picture) and made another batch for my co-workers and for my mom's family, since we were having my Mom's family's Christmas dinner. Again, they were a hit.
I have a feeling these will end up being my yearly gift. Fine with me. I got way more for my money with this gift. Plus, I have a feeling I'll be getting requests. =)

No comments: