Thursday, December 3, 2009

"Don't stop believin'..."

Man, I'm trying to keep the dream alive for my love life, but it's hard. I really do need to learn patience. At least I have hope. But even that seems like it comes and goes. I found this quote this morning:

"When our hopes break, let our patience hold." -Thomas Fuller

So true and so applicable right now.

This morning I asked my dad how his friend and ex-girlfriend (I only recently found that out btw) Carmen is doing? He said that she hasn't come back to work and will most likely be out until the new year. Great. So how am I supposed to get into contact with Francisco? *sigh*

I've been praying for Carmen because I know how much it hurts to think you have someone and then suddenly lose them. My dad broke up with Carmen to try to work things out with my mom. Ouch.

After finding out that my dad had been dating Carmen, I jokingly told him to ask her to get in touch with Francisco before he told her that he and my mom were going to move back in with each other so that she wouldn't change her mind about trying to help me get to know him better. That was a JOKE, but he told her I said it and now I feel bad. I didn't want to hurt her feelings and I definitely didn't want to put the idea into her head. She doesn't strike me as the vengeful type, but women are women.... especially when they don't know the Lord. *sigh*

Maybe the Lord is trying to tell me that this is not going to happen. *sigh* The thought makes me want to cry. To quote another wise man, Al Green (lol), "I'm so tired of being alone..."


Lord, pleeeeeeease. Please help me to put my full trust, faith, and HOPE in You. I KNOW You have my best interests at heart and I KNOW that You have made a promise to me. Help me to BELIEVE it and to feel it in my core. I'm tired of worrying about it. I want to enjoy life and live in peace. Thank You for loving me, even when I'm crazy and impatient. Amen!

No comments: