Thursday, March 27, 2008

Other stuff...

Gonna give a little rundown of what's been going on...

Not going to Arizona. The job market is too bad right now and I don't want to risk it. So, for now, it's a no-go. =( We'll see later on in the future. I still have my connections out there and I'm not ruling it out.

Despite the dude at Audi telling me that it would be free-of-charge due to a recall, the catalytic converter on my car is going to cost me about $1600 ($1000 for labor; $550 for the part... RIP OFF!). Needless to say, I'm PISSED. They are such liars and swindlers! I've said it before and I'll say it again: DON'T EVER PURCHASE AN AUDI!!!! (Google "Audi Consumer Complaints" and see what you find.... mountains of complaints against Audi and it's employees. MOUNTAINS.)

Took the test for Senior Admin. Assistant for the City of W. Covina. Got in Band 1, which means I got one of the highest scores (did you doubt me?). The funny thing is that they said they would get a hold of us right away for interviews because they want to fill the position ASAP, yet I haven't heard from them. Starting to get worried.

Have an interview this Saturday with the Department of Mental Health (no, it's not to be committed... lol) for Secretary III. They have an opening in facilities in Pomona, Covina, etc.--all near home, so I'm going for it. What do I got to lose? Plus, I would be saving so much time and gas. It would be a major blessing. I want to get it before this County budget crisis takes it away.

While I sat in church on Easter, aside from figuring out how to get rid of homeboy (see my previous 2 blogs), I also decided that I MUST get more involved. I'm going to go next Sunday and force myself to find out what groups I can join or how I can help out. Wish me luck. I know it seems like a simple thing, but it's so hard for me to put myself out there like that. It will literally probably take prayer.... mine and yours. =)

Having another BBQ for Dad's birthday. Sent out invites yesterday. I'm hoping that at least all the co-workers I invited will come, since they all live close by. I know my dad is excited. He loves to cook and entertain. Last year's BBQ was pretty successful. Hopefully this year's will be even more so. We'll see...

Okay... that's all I can think of or care to divulge for now. Tah-tah...

No comments: