Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Getting out of Dodge...

It's been a while. Oops. I guess--even though I'm not blogging there and it's quite on the down-low--ever since I returned to MySpace, I haven't felt the urge to blog as much. I think I've been a little busy too.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that I can no longer stand working for the County or living in California and have made the decision to move to Arizona within the next few months. I have a test for Senior Administrative Assistant with the City of West Covina next Thursday. Depending on how well I do on it and what they offer me, I may or may not stay here much longer. Whatever they offer me, if they do, better be freakin awesome, because I pretty much have my heart set on going to Arizona at this point.

There are actually other reasons I want to go, other than my hate for the County and the State of California:

  • I just need a change. I want an adventure.
  • I don't seem to be finding the type of men that I want to date here or, actually, who deserve to date me. CA is just too liberal for me and consequently, there is hardly anyone here who is willing to love me enough to "wait until marriage."
  • Everyone in my family has their own thing going on and it's time for me to really make a life for myself. I've been saying this, but now I'm actually making an active move towards this.
  • I have quite a few different opportunities out there. I know I can find work as a Secretary EASILY. I'm not worried about that. I also want to help my friend, Miguel, who now lives out there, build up his business... an Allstate insurance office. I love and trust Miguel and I don't mind living with him until I can find and afford a place of my own.

So, yeah. For the first time in my life the idea of doing such a bold, adventurous thing is not completely terrifying to me. I know that at the end of the day, whether I am successful over there or whether I have to come home because it's just not working out, I'll be okay. I won't be a failure. I have people to come back to who won't look at me like I'm a failure. I'll be proud of myself...

No comments: