Thursday, March 27, 2008

She's just not all that into you... The Update

So, I bit the bullet and emailed homeboy a couple days ago to tell him it wasn't happening:

Hey. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the church and thanks for coming with me. Hopefully it will motivate you to come back or find a church near you that is similar.

Well, I'm just going to cut to the chase. I have been thinking really hard since I left church yesterday and I decided there is no need to keep you hanging or waste your time. I want to be completely honest with you. You are a really nice guy and I am glad that I met you, however, I didn't feel any connection to you, even though I really wanted to because we want similar things. I know we really didn't get to talk and get to know each other very well, but I think you just know when someone is for you and when not and I didn't feel it. (I usually rely on the Lord to let me know and I just wasn't hearing anything from Him either.) I hope you understand. I really have to think about my future and I don't want to waste your or my time.

So, I'm going to have to turn down the offer to grab a bite to eat with you. I am
really sorry and I sincerely wish you all the luck in the world in love and I wish you God's blessings. I'm sorry if I wasted your time, I really am. I also apologize for telling you this through an email, but I'm sure you know how hard it is to tell people this kind of stuff, so I hope you don't hold that against me. AND I meant what I said about Church and I hope this does not turn you away from finding a good church that is right for you. If you want to keep in touch, I am fine with that because you can never have too many brothers and sisters in Christ and a good support system. If not, I understand that too... I completely understand.

Okay. Well, take care of yourself and God bless you.

-Kristina

Wow. It was much easier than I thought it would be. That's not to say that I don't feel horrible, but it was nice to get it out of the way immediately instead of letting it linger before I was finally forced to do it, which then would have been much more painful for both of us.

Of course, I never heard back from him, which is totally understandable. I'm sure it didn't make him happy to read the above.... especially since I'm pretty positive that he was liking me. Poor guy. It just sucks when you like someone, but they don't feel the same way. I know how that feels and I feel for him. I know that sounds funny since I was the rejector, but I am human.

So, I guess it's back to the drawing board. I won't be trying anymore sites though (sorry, mom). I'm going to do it the old-fashioned way from now on. At least you meet people at face value and you don't have to wonder if they really look like they do in their photos or really act the way they portray themselves when you meet them in real life.... If I'm being real and showing you the good, the bad, and the ugly, the least you can do is look like your pictures! lol

No comments: