Monday, March 10, 2008

Is it really do-able?

This whole Arizona thing I mean.

I don't know if I'm just psyching myself out or what, but I'm looking at my finances and I'm thinking that I don't know how feasible it really would be for me to go over there and have to pay rent... even if it's only like $500. I really do have a large amount of debt (thank you Audi!), and I don't know how I can manage to pay it down, pay rent to someone, and still be able to have a little extra money for myself each month (like I'm used to having now) without a job that pays a lot more than what I make now. I can't totally blame my car problems though. I didn't have to buy all those clothes.

Ay ay ay! What have I gotten myself into?

Now I have my heart set on leaving, but I know that if I stay here and continue to not have to pay rent, I would be able to pay my debt down much easier and a lot faster. Plus, I could take the $2500 I have saved up for Arizona already and pay down a chunk with that. Eek! I don't know what to do! I am just not that good of a risk-taker. I know I would be able to survive if I went to Arizona, but it wouldn't be too comfortably... To me that's risky alone. I'm used to a certain lifestyle and freedom with money.

Maybe that's my problem. I need to learn to suck it up. That is the whole point of paying off debt: To learn to live responsibly with your money. I do want to get to a point where I don't owe anyone anything and I am buying practicially everything with my own money! Hmmm.... Maybe doing this will force me to have to make those changes so that I am more fiscally responsible to myself and to God (since at the end of the day, it's His money, not mine).

Okay... I think I just psyched myself back into going to Arizona... A little at least. =)

No comments: