Thursday, August 23, 2007

When God shuts a door, He opens a window...

That is so cliche, I know, but it's so true at the same time. After Hurricane Fernando... er Dean... came through and all has settled, things are actually going to turn out better.

I should have been in the air right now on my way to Dallas and from there to Puerto Vallarta, but obviously I am not. Instead, we cancelled the trip. What is the point? The hurricane didn't really reach P. V., but we would have been stuck on the beach with a 100% chance of rain, sitting inside, watching tv, and NOT getting a tan. I could do that at home, so we decided to pull out. I was upset about the whole situation (Fernando being a jerk, it being his fault I was forced to go, Hurricane Dean hitting, and then only getting half of my money back on the hotel I booked), but what could I do.

Then I get a call from my mom. She was surfing around trying to see what flights we could potentially book in the future with the vouchers that they gave us for cancelling. She came across fabulous prices for Ireland. Well, we have been wanting to do Ireland desperately and we do have family there with whom we could stay for free. So, we decided on it. We are going to Ireland in early November. Woohoo! Score! Way better than Puerto Vallarta!

So now I'm totally--to put it the white boy way--stoked! I cannot wait! Not only are we doing Ireland, but Londan, England, as well!!!! Yes!!!! It's going to be fabulous!

Like my mom said, I guess there is a benefit to being the only single one of the sisters: I get to travel wherever I want to whenever I want to! Muahaha! This is so awesome! I have been so lucky in the past couple of years. Last year I had my dream trip to New York, which has thusfar been the best ever, and now I get to do my other dream trip of going to Ireland and England to see those beautiful countries and to meet my other family. I am one lucky girl. I cannot even complain right now.

=D

No comments: