Thursday, August 30, 2007

Recovering...

I'm trying to recover from the shock of what my sister did to me. I'm still flabbergasted about it. I've been sick to my stomach since yesterday. I hate this kind of drama because I just can't get it off of my mind. I wish I was the kind of person to just turn off and not let stuff affect me, but I'm not. I cannot help but let something like this get to me. Especially when it's coming from family.

I've decided not to confront her about it until after the Baby Shower because I just don't want the tension, stress, or drama. I'm already stressed enough about the shower. Actually, I'm seriously re-thinking whether I should even bring it up because I know that I'm just going to end up the bad guy as always, and I'm so sick of that. It is clear that I am no way in the wrong here, but somehow it will get turned around on me. It always does. I'm just sick of fighting these battles that I will never win. I have already been stereo-typed as the overdramatic one with the victim syndrome. That is so not the case, but there is no convincing my family of that.

Grr! I am so tired of the constant strife! This is why I am trying to get away, but no matter how far away I get, the family drama still follows. What am I supposed to do? Cut them off completely? The sad part is that the idea of cutting them out completely doesn't even hurt my feelings anymore. If anything, it brings a sense of relief.

The other thing bothering me immensely is that my I'm-sure-soon-to-be-ex-friend has the capability of believing that I would say awful things about her behind her back. That just makes me feel like she has never trusted me. Why even be my friend if you don't trust me? I have trusted that she has had my back and wasn't saying anything bad about me behind my back this entire time. I guess that's my problem: I trust people until they give me a reason not to. The funny thing is, I didn't realize that was a problem. I thought that was what made me a good person...

No comments: