Monday, June 7, 2010

Another party success.... Julia's 10th Birthday

So we had my goddaughter Julia's Mad Hatter Tea Party 10th birthday party yesterday.

Finally! It's finished! Thank God. (I don't know why I always agree to these things... so much work!) It was a little bumpy at first, but it was a success. We had about 10 kids show up, which was definitely enough to play games and for Julia to enjoy herself.

I got tho the park about 2 hours before the party was to start to find Julia and one of her friends hanging out, guarding our area. I was a little miffed that I was left with two kids as my helpers because there was A LOT of work to do, but I managed. We had a few more bumps with food orders being messed up and as a result Mandy (the birthday girl's mom) showing up kind of late. Thankfully, I had made treats, including PB&J sandwiches, for the kids, so that held them over. We even ended up doing cake/cupcakes before food, but because our theme was Mad Hatter, it worked out that everything was backwards. lol

Overall, despite the little stressors, it all turned out great. The kids had a blast.... Julia had a great time and got some amazing gifts and a lot of money. I guess all the little headaches don't matter afterall.... I know the kids didn't notice. =)

I can't believe my Baby is 10 years old already! So crazy!

This was the Pin the Smile on the Cheshire Cat game I made. Yes... I free-handed and then colored this myself. =)
Baby with the Card Soldiers and Not-quite-fully-painted rose bush. =)

Another shot with the flamingos.


The Mad Hatter's Table



Another angle of the Mad Hatter's Table


Close up shot. Check out my centerpieces. Yes... I made those myself too. =)

"The Queen of Hearts" and the "Catapillar" entertained the kids with card tricks. They loved it.



"The Red Queen" oversees the singing of Happy Birthday to Julia.



Yum!



On top of cake, they got to decorate their own cupcakes. =) Talk about sugar overload.

No comments: