Thursday, September 16, 2010

I'm NOT going to Peru...

I'm not going to Peru after all.

Almost immediately after agreeing to go to Peru, something didn't feel right. I just wasn't truly excited about it inside. It felt like a mistake. I kept feeling like my spirit was telling me it was a bad idea... "something bad will happen."

Then I started thinking that maybe the Devil was messing with me. Maybe he didn't want me to go because I might reach someone for the Lord.

But no. Something still seemed off.

I finally prayed about it and asked God to let me know if He wanted me to go. Then a couple of days later I mentioned to my mom that I wasn't sure about going. That's when she told me she was sort of happy to hear that.

She had days earlier decided to get the roof fixed on her old house--the house I live in now. It was going to be a big burden on her to pay for that and cover my airfare (her idea, not mine). So she was thinking of asking me not to go after all.

Well there was my answer, loud and clear: DON'T GO.

So I'm being obedient. With winter (and rain) on the horizon, I definitely need a roof much more than I need a trip to Peru. So for now, I am not going to Peru.

I am going to Texas though. More on that later... =)

No comments: