Thursday, September 30, 2010

Freeing the unfulfilled expectations...

WOW!!

Right after I posted my last entry, I read this article on Boundless. It speaks to exactly what I'm talking about: Letting go of unfulfilled dreams and expectations of your life. Very encouraging!

Here's an excerpt:

The truth is, I cannot dream God-sized dreams. I also cannot bear God-sized tragedies. Whether I am realizing dreams or dealing with the loss of them, I need the One who created me and loves me. Like the Moabitess, I can choose each day to cling to Him.

There is comfort in knowing the days of my life are numbered by Him. He knows all of the things I will not be. But really that's not so important. What is more important, is that He knows the things I will be. Things better than I could ever dream up.

No comments: