Thursday, September 16, 2010

Forgetting the Single... and laughing about it.

Now for a laugh, here is the very next comment, which is hilarious and to which I can also relate:

20. Alexandra said the following at 9:24 PM on Sep 15:

Just ran into an old friend I hadn't seen for a while. She's about my age (30) and single, like me. We chatted and then she said, "so, seeing anyone; any changes in that department?" "Nope, I'm 'seeking first the kingdom,'" I said, smiling in a semi-insane way.

She almost died laughing. I think I'm going to start a new women's ministry called "Seeking First the Kingdom Club". It's for never-married women past 28. Sounds better than "old maids til the rapture" I guess.

SFK club represent!! Here is our cheer.

We're content!

Content just how we are!

We like men a lot!

But most of them are already married!

Or not as obsessed with Jesus as we are!

In the old days we'd be nuns!

But we're Protestant!

And we'd like to have sex and kids someday!

But only within the God-honoring context of marriage!

So we're kind of stuck!

But very, very content!

Seeking first, Seeking first, Seeking first the kingdom ofGod!!!

YEAH!


LOL!!!

No comments: