Monday, June 29, 2009

Revolving door of friends..

I don't know if everyone experiences this or if it's just me, but I sure do constantly have friends coming in and out of my life.

I had a falling out with a friend about two years ago. Misty was my best friend, in fact. We started the County together and we grew close very fast. We had similar humor and we both just meshed together very well. I think we taught each other a lot. I loved her, but we had a major misunderstanding that exploded into something that was so out of control. It led us to break away from each other in not the most amicable of ways.

Well, here and there recently she has been dropping me a line via email and we've begun to catch up a little and share what's going on in each other's lives. I'm not gonna lie and say I haven't missed Misty these last couple of years and I can tell she has missed me too. It's so heartbreaking to lose someone that you cared about that much.... especially because they become like family to you.

Well, I have a feeling we will probably get together one of these days to catch up. In one way I really want to, but in another way I'm apprehensive. I forgave her a long time ago and I'm sure she did the same, but things change. We'll see what happens. I had another close friend who turned on me once (accusing me of messing around with her boy friend). We are back to being friends again and she even apologized and admitted that she was wrong and I was the best friend she ever had, but things are just not the same. We rarely see or speak with each other. It's just what happens...

So yeah, my life is a revolving door of friends. In and out. In and out. Thankfully, I have had one friend on this planet who has been a long-term friend to me and that's Mandy. Mandy is like family: we love each other even when we don't agree with each other.

Even better than Mandy though, I've had a constant and life-long friend in Jesus. He has always stood behind me, even when I've offended Him, mistreated Him, ignored Him, took Him for granted... and he always will. He had His own special door into my life and that one doesn't revolve or have an exit...

No comments: