Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Press Play

So last weekend turned out pretty darn good, except for one bump. Here are the highlights:

Friday, I didn't go to Disneyland with Sandy and Baby K because of the rain, but we did go see Up (the new Disney/Pixar movie). It was Kaylin's first time going to the movies and she did so good. She had me cracking up. She kept hitting me and then pointing at the movie as if to say, "did you see that, tia?!" Then on one sort of scary/dramatic part, she clasped her hands over her mouth and started screaming, as if to say, "Oh no!!" It was too funny. That kid should be an actress.

After that we went to eat at Oggi's, which is one of my favorite places to eat in Santa Clarita. They have a yummy Buffallo Chicken salad and Fried Zucchini. Mmmmm. Then we went to the mall real quick and then back to their house and watched a movie. Fun times.

Saturday, I took my mom with me to the mall to look around. We ended up buying a ton of books, which I was happy to get home and start reading later on. Then we headed over to this Deli that I used to go to back when I worked at the District. I totally cheated and had a Reuben sandwich, which was so worth it. Mmmmmm, again! After that, I dropped Mom off and headed to Mandy's house where we watched movies and pigged out on crap (yeah, I totally was not good with the food that weekend... bad me!).

Sunday, I came home, but didn't make it in time for church so I dropped in on the kids to say Hi to Diana, since I knew it was her week. I ended up staying to help with the kids, and she and her husband invited me over to hang out and have dinner. We talked for a bit and then watched the Laker game and ate. I left early and finished watching the game at home, which ended up being such a good game! They went into overtime and the Lakers ended up winning. Go Lakers!

So, yeah, overall the weekend went great! I really enjoyed myself and it didn't seem like it passed by in a flash.

Now to the one bump in my weekend....

I needed a haircut like yesterday. My bangs were waaaaaay too long. My girl wasn't answering her phone or calling me back so I decided to go to someone out there in Santa Clarita to a salon I found online and which had a million good reviews. Sounds trustworthy, right? Ha! Big mistake....

I asked for my layers to be trimmed and for my bangs to be cut in a side sweep. This heifer choped my bangs off and I now look like Shannon Doherty in 90210 (ew!):



Then on the rest of my hair she gave me super short layers at the top and long layers on the bottom leaving me looking like a flippin mushroom or something. On top of that she made them choppy layers. So yeah, basically she tried to give me some kind of crazy emo hairstyle. NOT GOOD.



I am not EMO! I am clean, simple, and classic. I like my hair with long layers and my bangs side-swept. This girl left me looking ridiculous! Anyone who knows me knows that my best asset is pretty much my hair and I don't play games with it. EVER! I don't "try new things" or "experiment." I like my hair the way I like it.
So needless to say, I was pretty angry. I was so angry and upset that I cried for like 3o minutes when I got home. I literally have to pull my hair back with a clip everyday because I hate the way it looks down. One side of layers is literally shorter than the other. The thing that really makes me mad is that this girl did exactly what I told her not to do.
I told her that I wanted the bangs side-swept, not straight across. I also told her that I didn't want anything crazy with the layers, but to trim them. I specifically said I don't want them to be choppy. She did exactly what I asked her NOT to do.
Yes, this salon seemed like one of those ultra-hip, modern type of salons that's "on the cutting edge," but they still should be able to do simple haircuts... especially for $50! A good stylist should be able to do any kind of hair, right? What the heck? How hard is it to cut a simple layered cut? Seriously?
If you ever want to get your hair cut in Santa Clarita. Do not--I repeat--DO NOT go to Beyond the Fringe Hair Salon in Newhall. Worst decision of my life!

No comments: