Thursday, June 14, 2007

Here we go again... UPDATE

Around 6PM, Monday night, Chewy was euthanized. He ended up having leukemia. Poor baby. He may have had it for more than a year. It was that bad. I knew it was bad because he was just skin and bones. I miss him so much. I loved him and it hurts, but I'm getting through it. I'm trying not think about it too much, although it was hard as all hell to see the picture of him and me when I logged on right now.

I've wanted to stay home everyday this week, but I've forced myself to come in because it's better than sitting there thinking about it. It's helped. I didn't cry once yesterday. I can't talk to my mom or my sisters though. Everytime I talk to them, I want to cry... especially with my mom because she was there with him when it happened.

Well, not only is work keeping me occupied, but so is this baby shower. There is a lot of work that goes into planning events... I'm telling you! I just keep doing it though. I like it. It can be stressful, but I enjoy planning. Right now I am designing the cake. Sandy wanted me to surprise her, so she doesn't know what I'm doing. I'm choosing the color, style, layout, etc. I hope she likes it and I hope it comes out well. We'll see...

Other good news: I'm going to Puerto Vallarta! Yay. Fernando is going and he threw the invite out. I said to myself, "What the heck... I've never been." In fact, I've only ever been to Mexico City, TJ, and Ensenada. Ensenada isn't exactly your resort-type town.... at least it wasn't when I went. I've always wanted to visit one of the nicer beachy areas of Mexico. It will only be for a weekend, but I have a free place to stay (Fernando's dad's house down there) and the airfare was way affordable. Now I just need to worry about getting my passport and losing some more weight... I think I have lost a little already. My clothes are fitting pretty loose right now... hmmm... Thank you, stepping machine... =)

So, yeah, life sucks and life is good all at the same time. All I can do is roll with the punches and keep moving forward...

No comments: